Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pls Papa....

Simmi: Sam, Are you educated ?
Sam: Of course I am..

Simmi: Do you love your family.... your wife....your little girl... ?
Sam: Hey what type of questions is that...Of course I do

Simmi: Do you wanna die soon ?
Sam: Why in the hell I wanna die soon...

....It was a bad dream. Sam woke up with a heavy head. His soul (Simmi) was a lil nasty today in the dreams. But why did Simmi ask these stupid questions..Anyways it was a dream. Sam had to start his day. Sam lit a Marlboro classic from the classy case his uncle gave him last Sunday and started planning the whole day. A long list of appointments, meetings and conferences was waiting for him.

The day was long. Some short smoking breaks were the only oases he found in the dessert of meetings and appointments. With a slow and heavy gait he walked back home. But a sweet hug from his little 8 year old kid was just like a liter of redbull for him....

Kid: Papa, teacher gave me 5 stars today
Sam: Wow...That's great ! But for what ?

Kid: For the essay homework......
Kid: Shall I read it for you ?
Sam: Ya sure sure..sure...

Kid: ..."Pls Papa"
Sam: What ?

Kid: That was the title of the homework that teacher gave..

Kid: My papa is a big man. He works in a big office. Papa's car is red.
My papa has a laptop. Papa's laptop also has "Tom and Jerry" inside it. mmmm....then..a..a...aaa

Sam: Ya ya go ahead sweetheart...

Kid: But I don't' like papa's cigarette box. It shows the photo of dirty dirty lungs. Teacher says cigarette is bad for papa's health, for mummy's health and also for my health. But may be papa's teacher didn't tell him this. Papa, pls stop smoking cigarette. I promise I will give you my chocolates. I will not eat all the chocolates alone. I promise I will not ask for more toys. I will daily brush my teeth. Pls Papa...

With a choked heart Sam went to sleep and Simmi started again....Are you educated ? ...Do you love your family.. your wife....your little girl... ?...Do you wanna die soon ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a cool one there.

Though it would be a better world if we, as rational humans could decide for oursleves to give up on a killing habit rather than on an emotive appeal.

Such a huge amount of info on smoking's ill-effects, the suppliers' warning and yet...

are we really rational??

Anshul

Anonymous said...

Why do people smoke? Some of the many reasons may be -
1) Want to add a modern/macho image! They might prefer this to better things in life!!
2) To keep their minds working, if not, they think they might be doomed and so will their family! Devil and the deep sea..!!
3) Believe in the philosophy that life is short anyway, so live it as much as you can...running away from dangers is cowardice...and they wanna be brave!
4) To bust their stress levels...if not smoking they need to be offered better ways to handle stress! To get them to quit smoking and take to yoga may be the way, but they need a really really strong mentor..
5) Addicts know all, but are weak to change ...some might be vulnerable to scary effects of smoking, but many may not be...

This is one good way to promote disillusionment with smoking among families, but expanding the umbrella to cover people from other areas would need multi-pronged strategy...great beginning though..

Tushar...

Anonymous said...

hey thats a good thought....I jus dont know why ppl who smoke dont think that way....very selfish not caring about what it does to others for no fault, enjoyment or even addiction of their own...are smokers not aware of the harm it does?? well they surely know it better than anyone else but they dont care about it now what do u expect from ppl like those if they dont care about themselves,, like hell will they care what it does to others..so maybe they are not selfish but have no respect for life neither for their own nor for others...

Nikki

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with the message as well as the responses. Though, from a smoker, let me say - its difficult. I know its bad, its sad, and its not right on your family or the people around you. But, who's to blame? I would say its not just me - maybe your 'good' ol friends and family? To me smoking is an addiction. I've quit many times over the years - And I still smoke - and I still know I should not. What helps keep an addict keep away, kick the habit - simply by knowing that you have the support of your buddies? Like the support of a rehab center? I may not be super-strong minded like the rest of you out there, but sometimes the simplest of diversions and support helps a ton. In my mind, its if nobody really gives a damn, why should I really care so much myself - At least it feels good!! No intentions. Just my perspective. And advice: Dont even try it, or it could be your first of many more cigarettes to come :-). Njoy.

Amritpal Singh said...

very nice sir, aap to kamaal kar rahe ho , bahut achha likha sir ji

keep writing, I've already subscribed your blog's feed